In this section, you will learn how to:
- Access document and manage folders
- Import documents
- Use documents in a contact file or a task
- Use documents in your email
1. Accessing documents and managing folders
To access the document module, click DOCUMENTS in the side menu bar. You will then see that the page is divided into two sections.
- On the left side is the folders list. This is where you categorize your documents in different sections to better find them.
- On the right side are the documents you imported. These are visible in preview mode (where possible).
To create a new folder, click the + icon at the top of the left section.
Be careful. When you create a new folder, it will go below the folder that is currently selected. This means that if you’ve selected a folder beforehand, the new folder will actually be a sub-folder of the folder already selected.
You can delete a folder just by clicking on the trash icon right next to the + icon presented previously. When you delete a folder, all the documents it contains will be deleted with it.
2. Importing documents
To import a document, click + ADD DOCUMENT in the upper right corner of the page. A pop-up window will appear,prompting you to drag and drop a document from your computer (either the desktop, a folder, etc.) directly into CentrixOne.
Otherwise, you can always click CHOOSE A DOCUMENT and go get it from your computer’s folder browser.
3. Using documents in a contact file or a task
The document vault in the DOCUMENTS module contains all the documents you wish to share with all users. These documents can be viewed, downloaded and used in emails at any time. However, you can also attach documents to specific contacts or tasks.
From a contact file, you can add and view documents. These documents will not be visible in the vault. They will only be accessible from the contact file.
You can also attach documents to your tasks.
4. Using documents in your email
When you embed documents (usually images) in the EMAILS module, the images you use may come from a URL, a cloud, or a free image bank, but they may also come from your documents vault.
To find out more about how to create an email, go to the “Using the email editor" section of our user guide.